Friday, March 02, 2018

There's a Party in My Mind, And I Hope it Never Stops


So, hey kids. It's been a while. This week has been crazy week, both at work and at home. I don't have a ton of time to write, so I'll keep it quick and simple.

I got to do a real, live, road ride on Sunday. I'm slow and weak and way overweight, but it still felt good to ride 35 miles outside. The next few weeks should be kind of rough for me, physically. I'm trying to get back on the training train and I have soooo far to go. I'm increasing the length and intensity of my work-outs while decreasing my caloric intake. Wish me luck...Or rather, wish John luck. Poor man.

I got bifocals for the first time in my life. I'm sure I needed them years before this, but I finally got them on Tuesday. They still make me dizzy, so I'm gradually getting used to them. We'll see how long that takes...

I had my 6 year and a half after cancer surgery appointment this past week. They don't do much more than a breast exam and ask me invasive questions. But now they want to give me a breast ultrasound every February. It's not supposed to be painful and they promise there isn't any radiation involved, so now I just have to see if my insurance covers it and I'll have another safety net to detect that evil cancer.

Okay. I'm on the precipice of another weekend. Hopefully, I'll get my shite together enough next week to write a proper blog post. Until that time, go out play outside as much as you can and most importantly, be kind and empathetic.

No comments: