Friday, February 23, 2018

I Want to Get Up When I Wake Up, But When I Get Up, I Fall Down


Last weekend, last weekend. We're on to last weekend. So, it was all okay. The big problem is that I tried to go running right during an unexpected snowfall. I figured it would be safer, because the snow would cover the ice and give me more traction. WRONG! I got a little over a mile with no problems, and then I hit a hidden patch of ice and went down hard.

I kept trying to run, but more carefully and kept slipping and sliding and by the time I got to about 2.5 miles in, and realized it was too dangerous for me to even walk in the grass. So, I threw in the towel and called John to come get me. I do realize that I am very lucky to have a husband that I can call and he is in his car and headed my way in a flash. I have done the same for him, so at least I don't have to also feel too badly about it.

I was worried that I'd have some repercussions from my great fall, but so far, I'm okay. Yea!


After the run, John and I worked on painting the kitchen ceiling. It went pretty quickly with me brush painting the edges and John painting the middle with the roller. Of course, we can't forget Archie's incredible job as supervisor.


On Sunday I figured it might be a good idea to take off from running and John and I swam laps instead. I hadn't been swimming in a few weeks, but I was happy to find out that I hadn't lost too much of my swimming muscle strength. The best part was that I got to go to the jacuzzi after my swim and let the jets do some work on the hip I fell on...Also, watching the little kids learn how to climb on the rock climbing wall was really fun.


Most of our weekend was spent doing the ceiling project. Which may not have been all that much fun, but it was great to get it done. Above is the before shot where you can see the popcorn ceiling with all its dirtcicles hanging off of it and the hideous old, white, ceiling fan and lights with the cow painted pulls. Yeesh!


On Sunday I did some touch-up painting while John installed the new ceiling fans. They are super swank looking, all black and chrome. As you can see, I still have to paint the heating vent and exhaust fan black, but I have to wait until it's warm enough to paint them outside.


You can also see that the walls are next. We have most of the bad bits scraped and hopefully, this weekend we'll get the spackling paste, sand paper, primer and paint to get going on that. So much to do, but at least, these kinds of projects make such a difference in making our place look better, as opposed to the structural projects we put a ton of money into and nobody can see any difference.

No comments: