Saturday, March 10, 2018

Walk Along to Another Day. Work a Little Harder Work Another Way


Before I get started on getting this weekend going, I thought I'd write about last weekend. this will mostly be photos, since I'm in a hurry, but they are pretty cool pictures of some of the things I love most about Iowa city and playing oustide.

Now that I'm not all that fast any more, I like to make my work-outs fun adventures. I started last Saturday with a 7.75 mile run. I wanted to go at least 7 miles, and I was glad that I was able to extend it. My muscles behaved themselves and I didn't have to stop from them tightening up at any point during my run. Yea!

I did go through the Oakland Cemetery and waved to the Black Angel on the way out.


On Sunday I did a five mile run in the morning, and since my bike shifter broke on the way back from our road ride the week before, and it was so windy, John and I just did a fun townie ride on our mountain bikes.


We headed to Sand Lake and played on the beach there.


On the way back, we hung out around the train tracks.


Don't worry,  we didn't go on them at all. There just happens to be a metal sidewalk that we could ride on next to them.


The sun was starting to set, so we headed home.


But not before I got a shot at some of my favorite graffiti on the bridge supports. It was  Knock Out.


We made it back in time to get ready for dinner. I decided to take John on a date to Devotay. It's a tapas bar that has excellent food and margaritas. Ole'!

While we were there, we had one of my new favorite foods. it was a butternut squash souffle' with some kind of delicious strips of hard cheese on top of it and cut up cabbage next to it. I wish I was a better cook, so I could make that at home.

I'm not sure if we'll have as wonderful of a weekend this week, but I'm willing to try my damnedest to get close. May you all have a great couple of days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I saw the graffiti and thought, "How cool! Someone painted my initials!"

Churls said...

Ha ha. That's right! All the cool kids are painting your initials around town.