Monday, March 26, 2018

But I Held My Breath and I Kicked My Feet and I Moved My Arms Around

It was even Winter like enough for the cats to snuggle.

Well, kids. I got my third migraine of the year this weekend. Again, it used to be a big deal if I went two weeks without a migraine, so I'm not complaining too much now that I seem to be going at least a month in between brain pain times. It also wasn't a huge shock that I'd get one either. I got a period for the first time in a couple of months (I'm sure everyone is excited to have THAT little kernel of knowledge in their possession) and we had a big weather system coming through. We even had thunder sleet, which is pretty cool.

Anyway, I woke up on Saturday with a migraine and it snowed at least seven inches this weekend. Stupid Iowa. It's weird how now I almost forget how the whole migraine thing works and what it affects. I got a crash course on it that I hope I don't have to use again for at least another month.


What it meant for me is that I didn't run or ride this weekend. I probably could have gone for a run on Sunday, but I've just decided I'm over running on ice and snow until next Fall. So there.

Instead, John and swam laps on Sunday. Usually I swim as a recovery after a ten mile run, so this was the first time in a long time that I swam while I was well rested. Wow! What a difference it made. I felt so strong and I worked on my form and speed and it made me want to swim laps more often and I rarely feel that way. So, I guess we'll see how it goes from here, but it was nice to finally feel strong in the water again.

Also, in the locker room, I saw this sticker. Vegan vandalism. I don't think I've ever seen that before. I guess you never know what you'll see on any given day.

No comments: