Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Yo, I'll Tell You What I Want, What I Really, Really, Really, Want

My girls in Chicago on St Patrick's Day.


Welp. It was St Patrick's Day this past Saturday. Which meant that my daughters and some of their friends traveled to Chicago for Stinky's bachelorette party for the weekend. Stinky really wanted me to go, but I couldn't get Friday off of work, and the idea of being surrounded by drunk people all weekend with nowhere to hide, made my skin crawl (and reminded me of  holidays with my Uncle's family (my legal guardian) growing up).

Judging from the little bits of video I saw, they went to bars where they first sang along to Abba Songs, then the next bar was bad 80's music, then the place after that was a Spice Girls song (that I still have going through my head. Ugh!), and then finally they were singing along to some hip hop song I'm not cool enough to know the name of. At least they had some kind of progression with their sing-alongs...

Stinky said they all had a good time, but there was a little drama during the weekend. I can't imagine a bunch of twenty somethings hanging out all weekend WITHOUT any drama, so it seems pretty typical.


For John and myself, our St Patrick's Day was much more our old people's speed. At around 6 o'clock, we went the gym and swam laps in a very quiet pool. Then we went to our local bar to eat dinner (during Lent they have crab cake sliders that I apparently can't get enough of) and have a decidedly non-green beer and we were home before 9 o'clock where I read myself to sleep.

I hope you all had a nice St Patrick's Day, however you like to celebrate...Or don't like to. Now, I've ended enough sentences with prepositions for one day. I hope the rest of  your day is more grammatically correct.

No comments: