Thursday, January 27, 2011

Let It Be Good, Do What You Should. You know It'll Be Alright

Here is a creepy disembodied head wearing robin's egg blue eyeshadow.

Well, kids. It's the weekend already. How did that happen? Where did the week go?

I'm not sure what all is going on this weekend in my world. Tomorrow night I'm picking the guy up from work and then we'll go back to my place and make baked salmon glazed with dijon and brown sugar, toasted pine nut cous cous, and zucchini, summer squash, and red pepper sauteed in garlic butter and white wine.

I don't have much planned beyond that. We thought about going to Dubuque to ski, but they're having some kind of Iowa Winter olympics thingy going on there. We also might check out the Big 10 diving competition?/meet?/thingy? they're having here all week. I hope to run, I hope to swim, I hope to drink some and eat some and enjoy my life, but I'm not exactly sure what form that will all take.

How about all you all? Will you be hoping to enjoy your lives this weekend?

8 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
It portends to be a full weekend, and after the head cold I'm shaking off, I'm looking forward to some refreshment.
rel

Tara said...

I'll go to the glorious craft center this weekend and buy some more soap-making supplies. Aside from that, I'll take it as it comes! :)

Have a great weekend and enjoy the food and company!

MrManuel said...

That salmon sounds awesome. Jess makes one that is similar and it rocks. Me, probably partying tonight, starting on my sleeve on Saturday, and then not much on Sunday as the wife works. We shall see...

Mnmom said...

I stopped thinking at "glazed salmon". Did you say something after that?

SkylersDad said...

I like swim meets but not diving. Too much boredom involved there.

booda baby said...

Yum. Salmon. Isn't it great that all good things can be got in the midwest, now?

laura b. said...

Your weekend sounds delicious. I have no particular plans, aside from a little basketball watching on Sunday.

Brando said...

That salmon alone means you'll have a great weekend. Yum!