Sunday, January 02, 2011

Aim So High Above Any Card That Has Been Dealt You

Me wearing G.'s fringed purse on my head and making everyone think I looked like Janice the Muppet in Animals band.

Sorry, I was lax with the blog again this extended weekend. This time I actually have an excuse - my internet was all wonky for a couple of days.

So, let's see....Thursday night I went out with the girls for a very little bit. I had one beer and enjoyed some wacky hijinks and made it home by 9:30.

New Year's Eve was lovely as well. During the day, I ran and did some cleaning. The guy and I were going to try to swim at 5, but that kind of fell through. Instead, we went to our friend Pat and Mandy's and had appetizers and some fun pomegranate/cranberry juice vodka drinks. At around 8, the guy and I went back to my place. We ate too much at our friends house to eat a full meal, but I still baked some salmon and we had a really great talk. Before I realized it, it was 12:14 and we had missed the start of the year. I guess I'd rather be so involved in a great conversation with my boyfriend, then know exactly when it turns midnight....

We had candles in the shape of bombs. The best part, was that the package made a big point to say that they wouldn't actually explode. Bummer.

If the first day of the year is any indication...It should be one hell of a year. Stinky worked most of the day. I had a nice afternoon to myself, getting a few things done and generally putzing around the house muttering to myself. In the afternoon, the guy and I were going to try and swim laps, but we got confused on the hours, and the pool was closing just as we got there. Instead, we went to my place and took showers and got ready for dinner. We went to Graze and had martinis and then went to Devotay for our 6:30 reservation. Devotay is mostly a tapas place. We tried a bunch of different things and had some wine. When we were getting ready to leave, we realized two hours had passed while we were there. Crazy. I guess time flies when you're gorging yourself and engrossed in conversation.

I hope you all had a great end and beginning to the years...And that things continue to get better and better.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

And the same to you my dear. Glad you started it off so well.

SkylersDad said...

Nice start to the new year, wishing you many more.

laura b. said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend to welcome in the new year. I am a fan of the fact that you guys regularly lose track of time while talking....that's the best!

Tara said...

That is so cool.

Happy New Year! Sounds like it's starting off happy already for you! :)

MrManuel said...

Yeah, sounds like the perfect start of the year to me! The countdown is overrated anyways!

You sure do seem to have a lot of internet problems, no?