Thursday, October 15, 2009

She Gets Out of Her Head and She Talks to the Ceiling

Well, whatd'ya know? Another "cute little kids in Halloween costumes" photo. It must be October.

I know it's weird. At first I wouldn't talk about house stuff at all, and now that's all I ever do on here. It's just that I don't have anyone else to pester about it, and you all are very handy. If the subject bores you to tears, skim the post and avoid any paragraph that has the word "house" in it. Deal?

Today I called the woman at the bank who's name is on the paperwork. She was very helpful and told me there were some papers for the FHA loan my realtor didn't sign yet. I called the realtor and she said they were never given said papers. She said she'd take care of it. Right before I was supposed to get off work the loan officer guy FINALLY called me back. He was as befuddled as usual. He said he was sure that he had sent those papers, then actually checked my file and saw that he hadn't. Then he asked me if the inspections had gone through and should he send the appraisor in. I told him the inspections had been done for a week. Oh, he didn't realize the realtor had sent that info to him. Grrrrr. I try to be very forgiving with people. After all, I make more mistakes than anyone, and if the people in my world weren't forgiving, I wouldn't have any friends. But I'm on a very strict deadline and if I don't get my house because he keeps dropping the ball, I might have to go slash all of his tires. He did finally admit to me that he and his wife just had a baby, and he's very sleep-deprived. I understand that, but then maybe he needs to give my loan to someone who can take care of it. Did I already say, grrrrr? Good.

Okay, it's the weekend again already. It just keeps sneaking up on me. There are so many things going on, I'm going to REALLY have to prioritize. Basically, my girls and my family always come first. So, I have no idea what I'm doing on Friday night. I usually try to stay home, but I'm open to going out if someone invites me and there's something fun going on.

Saturday during the day we're going to the big O to see my family. Mostly, I like to go and harrass my 6 year old nephew and four year old niece. They think I'm really funny because they are young and don't know any better. I like to get them all riled up and then leave for my sister to calm down. It's great.

I also got invited to a bike ride and Cookout to follow that same day. I obviously can't do the bike ride, but I might do a drive-by of the cookout when I get back. I also may or may not stop downtown and have a drink with some folks. I'm just going to see how I feel. After dealing with my more extended family, I might really need a drink. You know?

Of course, I have to get home and go to bed early so Coadster and I can do the Run for the Schools roadrace on Sunday morning. I just hope I'm not left eating Coadster's dust and getting embarrassed in front of all of my friends.

So, what are you all up to? Will you be getting a drink after dealing with your extended family or be left behind while your kids run away from you?

6 comments:

Tara said...

Ha! First!

I cringe at that whole "dropping the ball thing" and the communication issue with the house hunting deal. I didn't go through it with a house or anything big, but I did go through it with my phone and a supposedly simple order. Blah. Flashbacks.

Anyway, I hope you have fun this weekend, whatever you decide to do! My mom will be shopping with a friend and I might go see the "Paranormal Activity" movie that's been talked about forever and can only be seen in a few theaters.

rel said...

Churlita,
Are you a psychic?
No great plans; I'm doing a Churlita and playing it by ear. Of course I'll not be running behind my daughter is a road race, but hey, can't have everything.

Pamela said...

Churlita, if you ever feel bad about cataloging your house events, think about my blog from last year and how I whined about it much more than you. So at least from my end, you are more than welcome to. And he can't pass it on, because then he'd lose his job. Just stay on top of him. At least he has a decent excuse, and is not just an idiot.

Johnny Yen said...

In dealing with stuff like that (housebuying or any other complicated enterprise) I find it necessary to check and double-check everything-- don't ever assume that someone's doing their job. And don't ever feel bad for double-checking on them.

My ex-wife Cynthia bought a condo when she moved out, and almost didn't get it because of the idiot mortgage broker she worked with. The guy didn't know that only a certain percentage of the down payment can be a gift or personal loan (her mother had lent her the money for the down payment).

My son was supposed to be here this weekend, but has a two marching band events and a debate tournament (he just joined the debate team-- I'm dying to hear about his experiences with that). The upshot-- I won't see him at all this weekend. I'm not happy about it.

Ananda girl said...

I'm sitting alone in my room having a Fosters ale.

Tomorrow though... I will do that hike. Day after, I'm not sure yet.

Good luck on the run! And if you do need that drink... think of me and I'll bend my elbow for you too.

laura b. said...

I tend not to know exactly what my weekend will look like. Yours sounds good! I'll take some of that :-)

And please continue with the house talk. It is on your mind and personally, that is my favorite thing about blogs...getting to see what's on people's minds.