Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I Stretched Back and I Hicupped and Looked Back on My Busy Day

Here is another bucolic Iowa shot.

Oh, kids. I'll apologize in advance. This will be one of those, "I'm so busy posts". As if I'm the only person who has ever tried to buy a house as a single parent and still had to work all day and go to all their kids' functions. The whole process is dizzyingly overwhelming, and I have even less time than before, but duh, how great is it that I might actually get a house out of all of this? Pretty fucking great. So, please pardon my spazziness about stupid details, and know that I feel very lucky to be able to have this kind of stress in my life.

Soooo, blah, blah, blah. I did some house hunting related stuff tonight. Whatever it was went pretty well. I promise to give you details once things are solidified one way or the other.

Tomorrow night is senior night for cross-country. It is the first thing where we publicly recognize the fact that our kids won't be here next time this year bugging us for rides home from cross-country practice and to buy them desserts for team dinners. I'm supposed to go at 5:30 and decorate Coadster's locker. I'm making Stinky go with me, so she can show me how all the cool kids' parents do it. I don't want her to be the only kid with horribly embarrassing baby pics plastered all over her door, while all the other runners have signs of encouragement. (Although, I do think it would be funny to put some of those photos up along with the encouraging posters) Then we'll eat and I'll very uncomfortably walk up to the front of the room with Coadster when she gets her letter and probably some kind of certificate. Then I'll finally get to go home and go running. Ahhhh.

7 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
All this "new" activity is keeping your mind supple.
rel

Tara said...

The running will be a great release for you after all of those activities!

NoRegrets said...

will you cry?

booda baby said...

Of all the amazing things you do, your locker decoration is about the last thing I'd worry about. Who invented that tradition? Obviously not a single mom looking for house and working and taking care of herself.

Ananda girl said...

Oh what fun to decorate her locker! Here we did a wall of baby photos and you got to guess which student was which baby. Of course we only had about 15-20 students who graduated. I love things like that.

laura b. said...

It's all a bit surreal, isn't it? The house hunting...having a Senior...training for a triathalon. I know you are enjoying this really amazing time in your life.

Churlita said...

Rel,

That and keep me kind of exhausted. ha ha.

Tara,

Boy were you right. It was just what I needed.

Nor,

I wasn't sure, but I didn't cry at all.

Booda BABY,

Luckily, it only took a minute and she was glad I did it. So, it turned out just fine.

Ananda,

That's pretty cute. They might do that at graduation parties here.

LauraB.,

It's true. I just have to be more careful to rest in there too. I'm starting to feel the strain a little bit.