Monday, March 02, 2009

It's a Small Crime and I Got No Excuse

So, on Friday morning I saw this guy kind of dressed-up, carrying a bag and riding a unicycle on my way to work. Then on Friday afternoon, I was walking home and saw another guy with full-on clown make-up but dressed normally and with no crazy rainbow fro wig. I always thought there was nothing creepier than a clown, but now I know there is. It's a half-dressed clown. Shudder, shudder. The other thing I thought, was that if I'm going to live in a town full of freaks, I really need to bring my camera with me to work more often to document them.

This morning I actually remembered. The only problem is, that I'm way too stoopid when I first wake-up. So, I see the unicycle guy coming toward me and I take my camera out of my pocket. I realize it's on the viewing tab, so I try to set it on just the regular picture taking tab, but go too far and hit the video thing. By the time I get it to the right place, the unicyclist has turned down the street and is almost in an alley. Here is the photo I got. If you enlarge it, I think you can see him. I'll try harder next time.

For the sake of randomness, I'd like to thank Nate for giving me the info about how to download my songs from my iPod to my iTunes. The only problem, was that I had no idea which songs I had added since October, so I just loaded all of them and now I have to go back and delete all the extras. I've been working my way down the alphabet a little at a time. I'm on the D's, and just cleaned-up the Damien Rice songs.

Since I'm thanking people, I might as well thank FMDM for turning me on to the Puzzle Quest game (I think that's the name) on XBox. It is sooooo addictive. You can do all these puzzles, and save them if you don't have time to finish them. When I was a kid, I loved puzzles and put together all those hideous puppy photos - you know, the ones with the gigantic eyes? Yeah, and what's even more embarrassing, is that I used to glue them onto poster board and hang them on my wall when I finished. Wow. Can you believe I actually admitted to that? Anyway, the puzzle thing is super cool and addictive, without the embarrassment of my previous '70's behavior.

Okay. I guess I'll call that good. I'm trying really hard (again) to sleep better this week. I guess that means I have to try to get to bed before midnight then.

9 comments:

Nate said...

Next time you've got a tech question, just hit me up on FB in case I miss it on here. It's what I do :)

Tara said...

Your spotting both the unicyclist and the half-dressed clown made me think of the Dr. Seuss book "And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street" where the character sees a whole bunch of strange things.

I did enlarge the photo and could see the unicyclist! Very cool.

NoRegrets said...

I kinda like that you have to search for the unicycle guy. Kinda like Where's Waldo... And didn't know they made them with such huge wheels.

Anonymous said...

Unicycles and half-dressed clowns. What a town you live in, my town is boring.

Ananda girl said...

Fun. I enjoyed finding the unicycle. We have clowns, but they are incognito and you never know until it's too late.

rel said...

Churlita,
What's the thing with clowns? One of my daughter's girl friends is freaked out by clowns too, or even dolls with painted faces.

I always wanted to ride a uni but was too uncoordinated.
rel

laura b. said...

I keep trying to imagine a unicycle being my chosen form of transportation....
I've never been much of a puzzle builder, but I did have three pictures of puppies and kittens with huge eyes. They were awful, made of plastic from the frame to the picture itself. I remember choosing them happily, but I can't remember why.

Churlita said...

Nate,

Thanks so much again. Just let me know if my pestering is getting too annoying.

Tara,

You have to look for him, but he's there.

Nor,

It was like Where's Waldo. It's a huge unicycle. I don't think I've seen one with such big wheels either.

AlienCG,

It's a college town. People are allowed to be really weird here. They all graduate, grow-up and move to bigger cities where they get a lot more normal.

Ananda,

Those are the worst kinds of clowns.

REl,

I think it's because they're hiding behind all that creepy make-up and the garish colors all over them.

LauraB.,

I know. I can't imagine it would be too comfortable, but then I have no idea.

MrManuel said...

Puzzles as a video game. That DOES sound intriguing!