Thursday, January 29, 2009

If You Can't Groove to This Then You Probably Are Dead

Lookee what I saw out of the corner of my eye when I was running down Clapp Street tonight? I think it's a pink donkey pinata half-buried in the snow.

Sooooo, tonight I wasted a bunch of time doing one of those "25 things about me" Facebook memes. Apparently, I thought that was so much more important than cleaning or organzing. Who the hell knows? What I do know, is that I need to gear up for this weekend, because it could be busy, busy.

Tomorrow night, I was going to try to see FMDM's band play at the Picador, but I was fooling myself, because I don't have any money, and I do have the girls. So, instead I'll probably do my normal Friday night gig where I go running and then sit on my ass and watch movies all night. It never gets old.

Here is a side view, just in case you were as obsessed with it as I am.

On Saturday night, I think I'm going to some party in a little town called Hills with my friend G. and a few other folks. Because we have no imagination, or maybe we do, but the rest of the bars don't, I'm sure we'll end up at the Dublin when said party is over.

On Sunday, I will not rest. Instead, I will make chicken enchiladas and beans to add to all the other awesome food that will be at the Superbowl party at my friend J.'s house. I'm really excited, because the Steelers are playing, of course, but I also like Arizona. We never had a professional football team when I was growing up in Arizona and that guy Vai who lived down the street from me used to play for the Cardinals back in the day, so they're probably my third favorite football team, after the Bears and the Steelers. I can't lose for winning this time.

The party itself should be fun too. A few nights ago after midnight, my friend J. was drunk and sending us extremely excited e-mails about the the Superbowl party to be. Of course I didn't get them until I got to work at eight a.m., but they were still pretty funny.

Anyway...Plans for the Superbowl, or happy fun times for the rest of the weekend? Lay it on me in the comments.

7 comments:

Tara said...

When I've got an option of playing around on the internet or cleaning, I usually choose playing on the internet.

I love that pinata!

Susan said...

I'm taking the entire weekend off from eating correctly and just eating whatever I want.

I know it won't last the entire weekend but today it seems like a good idea when I want pizza so bad I can barely function.

I'm going to watch UFC tomorrow night at a bar and then my friend L is coming over Sunday to watch the SB.

Anonymous said...

Hit it with a stick, or adopt it as a pet, they need very little food and attention.

I'm going to a small party at my friend's house. That's all.

laura b. said...

My friend is having her 80's themed birthday party on SB Sunday...which is her actual birthday. She is luring people there by promising the game will be on somewhere in the house :-)
I'm not into football, so I'll just probably dancing like a geek to the Breakfast Club soundtrack or something....

Anonymous said...

HA HA! I totally did that on facebook too.

rel said...

Churlita,
80's party tonight.
I don't do super bowl since they moved it to the wee hours.
rel

j-dub said...

that pinata sums up how most of us are feeling about winter right about now.