Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'mma Do the Things That I Wanna Do

Here are some miscellaneous photos I had leftover from the last couple of weeks. They're of Iowa City. Shocker.

Tonight was one of those where I hit the ground running after work. I ran my four mile route because I was pressed for time. I made dinner, we ate, then we went shopping for last minute Halloween costume accessories. I got Stinky to her babysitting gig at 7:30 and Coadster back home. Whew!

Finally, I stopped by my friend A.'s BBQ around eight. His friend, who's first initial is also A., was visiting, so he had some folks over to eat. I heard about it at the last minute, and I had the girls, so I was only able to do a drive-by. When I got there, everyone was on the deck drinking wine, eating and hanging out by the fire. It was very nice. My friends K. and I.M. were there as well as some people I had met at the hippie music fest this Summer. I only stayed for about a half hour and I didn't eat or drink, but I did really enjoy the conversation. It was perfect, because right when people were getting ready to take their show on the road to the bars downtown, was also right when I was ready to go home.

I love the plastic flowers decorating the milk crate on this bike.

So, Halloween...I'm not quite sure what I'm doing for that. I'm going to try to remember my camera tomorrow so I can take pics of costume wearers about town. At work every year we have a cookies and cider day, where people either make baked goods or throw down some money for hot apple cider, so I'm sure I'll need some insulin by the end of the day.

Here is a guy on a little machine that takes him up and down so he can wash the public library windows.

Now, for Halloween evening. Honestly, I'm not sure what the hell I'm doing. I know a guy who's having a party, and some other friends are going to the Mill. There are a bunch of local bands who are impersonating more famous bands. Ed Gray and another guy are going to do covers by The Replacements and I can't remember what other bands are doing which other covers, but it sounds pretty cool.

My other option is that, since my girls will both be gone at their various social activities, I could stay home and have the whole place to myself. I might play a video game or two and sit down on my couch with a cheap bottle of Chiraz I have and drink some wine and watch movies. Doesn't that sound nice? Yeah, I thought so too.

Here's a guy reading a book on a bench by my office.

At this moment, I'm not committing to anything. My plan is to get home from work, go on a nice long run, stop by my friend K.'s house and drop off some food I made, and see how I feel. I like this conundrum. I have three really wonderful options and I'm sure I won't have any regrets with whichever one I chose.

How about you guys? Do you have amazing options for the holiday? Will you be out and about or relaxing with a bottle of wine?

9 comments:

Susan said...

I'm dressed up as a pirate! Also, I'm about to go buy some candy/cupcakes so sugar high, here I come!

NoRegrets said...

I will be home with wine and candy. dangerous.

I wonder if that guy takes the machine on the road to peer into people's windows...

Your Humble Proprietor said...

I'm going to go see Malkmus & the Jicks at Gabe's. It's an early show, so I can get my old ass home at a decent hour.

Anonymous said...

taking a "deep sea monster" and "black phantom" door to door to door and then home for pilfered candy and a beer yum yum!
A
(One of many of your A friends, it will be a cool 75 degrees for trick or treats in Austin tonight)

Brando said...

Lo-key for us. We have a pumpkin costume for Libby, but we're not taking her out. Probably passing out candy, watching a movie, and then me playing video games. Life in the slow lane.

rel said...

Churlita,
I'll be passing out candy or working or both. But the weather has warmed considerably and most all the snow has melted.
rel

laura b. said...

I am spending Halloween eve at home. I have to just get the kids to their things...then it is just me and Sex and the City on dvd. *sigh*

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I was going to go out to the local pub , but after all was said and done I honkered down for the night (once LHM was asleep) and watched Ghostbuster's and ate cheesy popcorn..and hot apple cider.. Really..

Anonymous said...

we went trick or treating in our hood. I'll send pics later. Then we came home and watched The Great Pumpkin. Today we have a fall party for one of sams friends and tomarow a birthday party for a friend of the kids. Their social lives are way more active that mine and they are only 3 and 5.