Thursday, March 06, 2008

Rockin' My Peers and Puttin' Suckas in Fear

Here is a horseshoe for good luck. I hope you all get lucky this weekend.

So, you'd think I'd be partying up a storm tonight now that my taxes are done, but there was that nap I really needed to take when I got home from work, and some taxiing kids around town duties. Then I had to go look for my credit card at Los Portales which was the last place I used it, only to find out they didn't have it and subsequently find it under my bed. Which, I'm sure, is the best place to put all your most important, valuable items. I also washed what felt like a hundred years worth of dishes and baked frosted sugar cookies for Coadster's last show choir performance tomorrow night. Now, who the fuck has energy to party? Apparently, not me.

This weekend, however, I may just try to make up for it. I have the show choir thingy tomorrow, but then I may meet some people for a couple beers somewhere. I don't want to get too stoopid, because I'm driving to St Louis to see Erik on Saturday and coming back on Sunday. Since it's such a quick trip, I couldn't coordinate driving up there with anyone else. I'll miss T.'s company, but I've got it all set-up for lone wolf driving. I added a few more songs to my St Louis road trip playlist. How the hell I didn't have Whodini's "Freaks Come Out at Night" on there already is beyond me, but trust me, that blundering error has now been rectified - that and LL Cool J.'s "Mama Said Knock You Out". There. Now I'm ready.

The trip to St Louis will be very brief, so we'll try to squeeze as much in as possible. We're going out for duck on Saturday night (shhh. Don't tell anyone. I've never had it before) and then Erik said he'd take me to the most visually stimulating (or was that, visually pleasing?) bar in St Louis. Sunday we were talking about finally getting dim sum and watching a few episodes of The Wire before I take off back to the Northern tundra.

What's on tap for all y'all?

11 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
Think about me working my ass off while you're off partying. Better yet, forget about me and just have a good time. Duck? Nah, had it, didn't like it. ;)
rel

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the quick weekend. Enjoy the duck. I have only had it once and it was very good. If you like to try new things, duck will be very pleasing. How will it be prepared?

Oh well, gotta duck outta here...later

Anonymous said...

Oh dim sum!! Yum!!

Tara said...

I'm taking my mom out to a local, fancy-type restaurant for her belated birthday dinner. I've been to the place a few times with coworkers. The food is pricey but worth it. Plus, they have chocolate mousse.

Have a wonderful weekend! Tell Erik your blog friends say "Hey!"

booda baby said...

No duck? NO duck?! How is that possible? I'm confident you'll love it because not loving it, that's NOT possible. Except if someone offers it with some weirdo super sweet cherry or orange sauce. You be careful out there!!

NoRegrets said...

Aw, I'll miss you. I'll be in St. Louis next Sun-Tues...

DJSassafrass said...

let me know where the most visually stimulating place in St. Louis is....ask Erik if it is PT's.

Next time--we try to hook up and drive together. Safe travels-have fun.

matt said...

If you are downtown STL go west from the river down Market Street. There's some very cool architecture there. My wife and I took a walking tour from the river to the train station last Labor Day.

Nate said...

I do believe my entire weekend will be standing around a dropzone with a beer in each hand, grumbling about the rain.

laura b. said...

Another super weekend for you! I'm glad someone out there is getting lucky on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

hey babe,
it's been a helluva week, ain't it?

Hope the road trip was OK. heard there was some snow.

I've got a 6+ trip coming up at the end of April. I've got to start figuring out a play list....