Wednesday, May 17, 2017

There's a Hippopotamus Riding on a Bike. I Can See It. I Can See It.


So, I'm still writing about the weekend BEFORE last. I know. it's crazy but the warm weather makes me super busy. Here is a weekend of warmth and all of the shit I did in it. Ready? Let's go!


I woke up around 7, went for a run, came home, got ready and Stinky met me so we could ride bikes to the Farmer's Market, where we each got a $2 coupon to spend there. We got some muffins for breakfast and Stinky got coffee and we met many beautiful dogs and rode home.


John had done a hard training bike ride, so by the time I got home, he was ready for a nap with his cat - cat nap.


I did laundry and worked in the garden and some very light cleaning in the house and then made lunch.


After lunch, I got on my Time Trial Bike for the first time this year. It was windy and it hurt, but i was able to go pretty fast for me.

We grilled shrimp kabobs over brown rice and I steamed the asparagus I bought at the Farmer's Market for dinner. We watched a movie and I basically passed-out pretty damn early. It was a good day, just an insanely tiring day.


Sunday morning I went full bore on gardening in the morning. I had to replant a few things that had a little frost damage and I worked on the beds to be able to plant even more flowers and veggies and herbs.


Then we met some friends for a bike ride to West Branch. Herbert Hoover's birthplace. It was a great day for a ride and we stopped and got some good Mexican food for an early dinner.


On the way to and from West Branch we ride through a little town called Morse and in that little town there is what looks like and old bar, that may now be a taxidermist/metal sculpture studio. It has a lovely big porch and on the way back, we got to hang out there and take fun photos and rest.


It was tough, but I managed not to be eaten by the big hippo on the porch and we all rode safely home. It was another weekend where I was almost glad I had to go to work the next day, so I could rest at my desk...Almost.


No comments: