Tuesday, November 24, 2015

In Heaven There is No Wine (No Wine). So We Drink 'Till We Feel Fine


I know a lot of people can't stand Winter or cold weather or snow, and I get it. It's still not my favorite season, but I now get giddy at the prospect of snow. You want to know why? Because I found a fun way to play in it and I can finally afford warm clothes, so I can play outside without hurting.


So, it snowed all Friday night and part of Saturday morning and when we woke up, everything was just loverly.

I woke up late and read some of my book and listened to music and then made a big breakfast of cheesy, salmon and egg mess and hash browns. Yum.


John was wonderful and shoveled snow before I even woke up.

We really wanted to try and ski, even though we knew the snow was too sticky and wet for it. So, we went across the street to the park to see if it was feasible to ski. The snow was okay in spots, but sticky in others. We thought if we went to Lake MacBride, and tried to ski in the wooded sections, the shade would make the snow better...


We were wrong.


The snow was soooo sticky and there were many bare spots. We had to stop and scrape the snow off of our skis, so that we could try to get some glide.



John and I joked that we would have been better off if we had just done a snowy trail run instead, but you can't blame us for trying.


Also, it was so damn beautiful outside, I would have been happy no matter what we did.


We finally gave up and headed to Big Grove for lunch. We got there just as the Hawkeye game was ending and everyone was singing "In Heaven There is now beer..." Then they all took off and John and I had our choice of seats and excellent service.

So, while others were cursing the snow, I was having a blast playing in it.

2 comments:

bribikes said...

Thank you for sharing pictures of the pretty snow, I want some :D

Churlita said...

You are welcome. I didn't see snow until I was 10 years old, and I always think it is so beautiful.