Monday, November 02, 2015

Every Day is Such a Perfect Day to Spend

Me running when I was a young lass of 42 and hopped up on endorphins.

I had that thing tonight. You know, that thing? If you're super cheesy and a runner? I'm finally feeling better after over a month of being sick and I decided to get all crazy and run my 4.5 mile run for the first time in 5 or 6 weeks and it was 65 degrees after work on the 2nd day of November, which almost never happens.

The first mile, I feel this weird tightening/cramp in my right calf and I think, "oh, shit" and I wait and see if it gets worse or better after the first mile (because everything sucks during the first mile) and it goes away. Hallelujah! and I keep running and my iPod playlist is on the bands that start with the letter G. So, Gnarls Barkley, Glenn Miller, The Go Team, The Gorillaz, Greg Kihn..And did I mention it was 65 degrees on November 2nd? IN IOWA? Then I get to Scott Blvd. Which I've been running since the mid 80's when it was a dirt road that washed out when it rained, but now is a beautiful, big, wide, bike/running path. And the South winds are bathing me and then Genesis comes on my playlist...I know. Big prog rock band, and even worse, Phil Collins Genesis, after Peter Gabriel left. Whatever. It's nostalgia music and it's "Follow You Follow Me " lyrics from 1978 when I was in 8th grade. I was shot full of runner's high and while I was running, I did that thing I try to do, where I think, "I am so damn happy. Remember this feeling when I am sad", but I rarely do. But tonight? Tonight I felt soooo much better than I have in months and no matter what, it feels amazing right now.

No comments: