Sunday, March 28, 2010

When We Were at School Our Games Were Simple

G. on the stripper pole for her bday.

So, this weekend panned out differently than I thought. Besides cleaning and running, I didn't get much other house stuff done. The temps were a lot colder than I thought they'd be, so I didn't want to switch out the storm windows for screens quite yet. I might just have to do it during the week since it's supposed to get up into the 70's in a few days.

On Saturday, I woke up in kind of a mood. I have no idea why. Sometimes I just get all Irish that way. Anyway, I decided to get over myself and went on a nice long run and took a bath. I felt a million times better then.

Coadster worked all day and then babysat for a friend of mine who wanted to attend G.'s birthday. Stinky spent the night at a friend's house. Her friend's mom used to work with me at the clinic, so I trusted her to keep a watchful eye on the girls.

Here are G. and I trying to scrunch down and make the girl crush feel taller.

Saturday night was a lot of fun. We all went to a bar called Firewater where G.'s work friend's band was playing. The band was WAY too loud for the space, so it was hard to talk, but we finally went down to the Dublin.

I got to talk to a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time and that was great. At one point, Mr. B. texted me. My girl crush told me I should ignore, ignore, ignore. Of course, that just made him call me. I didn't have my phone by me, but when I finally checked it, there were a bunch of missed calls from him and a voicemail that I should call him when I got home. I didn't. I just don't have time for games and bullshit. Instead, I put my energy on my real friends who are wonderful and consistent and don't play stupid games.

I stayed out even a little after midnight. Crazy! But then some of my friends were ready to go, and I was even more than ready to take off, so I gave a few people rides home and made my way home as well.

9 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
I hate it when the band is too loud that you can't hear yourself think, let along converse with someone.
rel

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Happy Belated Birthday to "G"...
I too hate when the band is so loud that you can't hear yourself think, nevermind having a conversation..That's great you guys got hang out and have fun ..

booda baby said...

Does a bath feel better in your own home? Have we had a tour of the bathroom yet? I think not. Would like one, please.

Tara said...

Hey, I didn't get to dance on a stripper pole for MY birthday! Well there's always next year.

Pamela said...

You always make me tired on a Monday. But glad it was a good weekend.

Ananda girl said...

Sounds like a great time. It's a shame that Mr.B doesn't get the hint. How exhasperating.

Churlita said...

Rel, Me too. I know some of it is just that I'm old, but the other part is that I go out to talk with my friends and i want to be able to hear what they have to say.

Mrs., I think G. had a great 40th birthday. She couldn't have asked for more fun than that.

Booda Baby, As far as I'm concerned a bath feels great wherever I take it. I did put up bathroom pics between Christmas and NYears, but my bathroom is so tiny, I wouldn't be surprised if you missed them.

Tara, Maybe you can get a stripper pole when it's your 40th as well. :)

Pamela, I think this was the mellowest weekend I've had in a long while...Although, I'm still tired.

Ananda, Yeah. It just makes me so sad that he still tries to hit on me when he's in a relationship with someone else. I can't stand cheating dogs.

laura b. said...

Sounds like a great weekend, Churlita. And kudos to you for ignoring Mr. B.

Johnny Yen said...

Good advice your friend gave you. I find as I get older, I just cut the crap and the people who deal it.

Your description of the end of your night reminds me of a favorite old Bruce Cockburn song, "The Coldest Night of the Year," where at the end of a night of revelry, the narrator says "Drove all the people home/I was the one with the car..."