Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Was Happier Then With No Mindset

Here is a photo of a bird at the garden store we went to this weekend. I took it with my phone and I still can't get the angle right. So, the bird looks like it's on acid, or maybe it looks like I was on acid when I took this.

This will be hopefully very short. I went to my friend's St Pat's/Housewarming party thingy tonight. It's late and I've had a few and I don't trust myself not to write something that won't sound very, very loud through the computer.

Basically, I didn't get anything done after work. I didn't run, I didn't do any cleaning, and I didn't work on my kitchen. What I did do, is hang out with some great friends and have an amazing time drinking, eating and talking shit - the trifecta of fun.

Soooo, Happy St. Patrick's Day! I don't plan on going out, since I celebrated tonight. Both my girls are babysitting, so I'll go running, probably stop by my friend's Allison and Bob's house (where Stinky's babysitting) and check out their house that has been totally gutted and remodeled. Then I'll have my place to myself to work in the kitchen and read some more of In Cold Blood. Who knows, maybe I'll get all crazy and drink a beer while I read.

9 comments:

Tara said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too! I will not be going to any parties, sadly. But I am wearing green and we have a raffle today for anyone who is dressed up in green.

SkylersDad said...

Sounds like a great evening, better than being in a madhouse of amateur St Paddys drunks!

booda baby said...

Your self restraint after no restraint ought to get a gold star or something. There's something in the beverages that gets activated around technology and turns it all magnetic. Swooooosh. Like you can even HELP getting sucked there and typing really loud.

If there's not a river turned green, I'm not interested in going out and about on St. P's Day. The night before is PERfect.

Ananda girl said...

That is the trifecta of fun!

Happy St. Patrick's Day... I'll be tipping one to you!

NoRegrets said...

Woo hoo! a night off!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Happy St. Patty's Day.. I'm going crazy and having a beer as I write this.. good times! have fun with reading and having a beer.. I'm sure it is very much deserved..

laura b. said...

Glad you hit the trifecta last night. I bet St Pat's proper will be just as good in its own way :-)

AlienCG said...

Happy Corned Beef and Cabbage Day! You don't have to do anything productive every single day. Sounds like a fun party thingy.

Churlita said...

Tara, Hey, that's still all festive.

Skyler's, Exactly. I thought it was the perfect way to celebrate.

Booda Baby, So, you only go out in Chicago? the night before was totally perfect.

Ananda, Thanks. I'll gladly take that tip.

Nor, I know, and man did I need it.

Mrs., You wild woman. I hope you had a great rest of the day.

LauraB., It was more hectic than I wanted, but there seems to be no avoiding that.

AlienCG, You're so right. I'm usually more productive,, if I give myself a night off every once in a while too.