Friday, May 11, 2018

Make No Mistake, We Will Call You Back to the Lake



So, like I said, I took a vacation day on Monday. It was perfect, but very busy. I worked in the garden for hours in the morning and early afternoon. Coadster called me after she got off work. Since she had some depression over the weekend, I had made a Monday date to play outside and then go to Dairy Queen for ice cream afterward. As far as I'm concerned, nothing takes away the sads like playing outside and eating ice cream.


We headed to Lake MacBride. There is an easy, two'ish mile trail that leads to the Spillway. So, we took that. It was lovely outside and there were tons of people fishing and kayaking on the lake.


We had a nice talk, where I tried not to bug her about applying for big girls jobs too much. It's hard to turn off my mom persona sometimes...Most of the time.


The scenery is always lovely. If we had had more time, I wouldn't have minded taking a dip in the Lake.


Instead, we just took off our shoes and got our feet wet.


We made it back in town, just in time for me to meet some of the boys for our Monday Night Ride. We headed to North Liberty to a restaurant named Tin Roost. It was a tad pricey, but the beer and food were really good. I had shrimp and grits with a really nice sauce. It made me very happy. We rode back home and I think I read an entire page of my book before I fell fast asleep. Playing outside can cure the blues and it's a great sleep aid.

No comments: