Thursday, May 03, 2018

Lots of Fun for Everyone On a Bike Ride to the Moon


Okay, now we're on last Sunday. It was a busy, but fun day. I got up around seven, got ready and rode my commuter bike downtown to volunteer to masrshall a corner for the bike race downtown.

Thanks to John Heck for taking this photo of John riding his bike past my work building.

For the last couple of years, this race day has been cold and rainy, so it was nice to finally have beautiful weather for it.

John raced at one. He felt like he wasn't in the best of shape, but he still got fourth in his category, so I always take his claims of not being in race shape with a gigantic salt rock.


I loved watching the kids races. They were all so adorable.


It was very sweet that both my daughters, John's mom, and a lot of our friends came to cheer for him. It was really fun to hang-out all day.

Thanks again to John Heck for taking this one of me taking a photo of John racing.

I also love to watch John race. I wish I was even half that strong. Sigh.



After John got done racing, we all got to hang-out together and watch the other races. We were at the Deadwood, when some guy rolled a cart full of vintage clothes, trying to sell them. It was fine at first, but the drunker the guy got, the pushier he was. As I informed him, I really hate the hard-sell. If I tell  you once I'm not interested, then you need to quit bugging me. He finally took the "hint".

We also all went out for lunch and had great talks. It was such a nice day. We didn't get home until after 5, so the cats were a little ticked-off, but the piss us off too, so we figure it's only fair.

No comments: