Thursday, May 10, 2018

In the Garden of Fruitfulness, You Plant and it Grows, Yeah


Well, I'm writing a garden post today. Last weekend I went to town with planting things and getting everything ready and I even took Monday off to continue on that path.

I planted a bunch of daffodils and some more tulips last Fall. They bloomed and are still lovely, but I had a few more plants that had a bulb on it, like it was going to bloom and by Saturday, they still hadn't. The sad thing was, I couldn't remember what I planted. Then I looked more closely and realized they were Aliums and now I can't wait for them to bloom.


Since we spent most of the day on Saturday riding bikes, I decided that Sunday would be a good day to plant things in the garden. While I was wandering around my yard muttering to myself, (otherwise known as gardening) I noticed my neighbor was in a bee keeper suit along with another man and I looked closer and realized he was now raising bees. I am so excited! I've always wanted to raise bees, but we have a small yard. The next best thing, is having my neighbor raise them, where I can see them and love them. My neighbor told me he was glad that I raised so many pollinators close to his bees and I offered to give him some seedlings that were pollinators and he said, "Hell, yes!" Then he brought me a bucket of Cannas and later in the day I brought him some basil and tomatoes and all was right with the world. As you all may know, I love to share things.


I worked in the garden from about 9 am until 2. I got all of the plants I bought the day before planted, and some seedlings and some seeds. I planted even more stuff on Monday, but I'm probably barely half done with getting it all done. This weekend...

I did get the Blue Jay garden poke that I bought from my friend at one of the garden sales placed next to my tulips. He looks good there, doesn't he?


So, here's what it looks like now, with most things planted and the straw and the mulch in place. I can't wait to watch it all grow up this Summer.


Most importantly, I made my first batch of sun tea on Monday. Ahhhhhhh.


Oh, and you'll all be happy to know that the lilacs bloomed this week. I wish they lasted longer, but I'll be huffing them as long as they're here.

No comments: