Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Laughing and a Running, Hey, Hey. Skipping and a Jumping.


So, yeah. It's my oldest daughter's 26th birthday today. Holy cow! I was 26 years old when I had her, and according to the above photo, I still looked like I was 12.


She has always been such an independent person. I always said I wanted my girls to be strong-willed, but of course, that means they're strong-willed against me first and foremost. Sigh.


What I've always hoped for her is that she would learn to cut herself some slack, keep playing outside as much as possible.


She should sing and dance and dork-out every chance she gets too.


I hope she is able to fulfill her goal of visiting every National Park in the USA. A couple of years ago, she backpacked through Isle Royale with her Uncle Bill and loved it.


She just got a new big girl job today and I hope it all goes well and that she loves it. Since that job is teaching, she will probably still have to serve beer on the weekends, but at least not every day.


I also hope that she continues to stay close friends with her sister, no matter how much they drive the other crazy, and that her beloved Cubbies do well this season, since that seems to make her very happy.

Keep growing and playing and working, little girl!

2 comments:

NoRegrets said...

When's she having her baby so she can keep up with you? Kidding!

Churls said...

Uh, no. Luckily, she knows she isn't ready to have kids right now. Whew!