Monday, January 16, 2017

Our Home, Yes I Am Home, Home is When I'm Alone With You


So, I wrote my whole travelogue posts, but what have I been doing since then? Inquiring minds want to know...Or else they can't be bothered, but I'm going to tell you all anyway.


I got back on Friday evening. We dropped Coadster off at Union Station, so she could catch a train for NYC to spend NYE there with a college friend. Stinky and I took turns driving home. We had a great time on vacation, but man was it great to be home. John and I stayed up talking until after midnight that night and that is REALLY late for us.

I also didn't run or ride bikes at all on vacation, even though we did average about 21,000 steps per day and one day walked over 23,000 steps. I didn't read a book either while we were gone, but I did educate the hell out of myself in other ways for that week.

The first thing I did on Saturday was ride bikes, go for a run and read 100 pages of "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn".


The other big news is that Coadster got engaged the day after she got back from her trip. They had picked out the ring in May, so it wasn't a huge shock to any of us. She isn't a fan of diamonds, so she wanted her birth stone. I'm not one much for jewelry, but even I know that it's gorgeous.


 I have spent the last couple of weeks spoiling cats...

...And reading books.


I also got to meet my friend Burne's rescue donkey named Mojo. I love him ever so much. Apparently, I'm a fan of jack asses.


So, things are getting back to normal at our place.


We even got my commuter bike all set-up. The cables broke, so we took it to the shop and got a new chain on, it's recabled, John put on new brake pads and I had the bike shop dude put on some bright red bar tape. Sexy!

I'm hoping to hunker down, start training for running and bike races coming up, get some work done around the house and get some book reading hibernating done during the next couple of colder months. There's no place like home. There's no place like home...

No comments: