Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Oooooooo, Sugar Pie Honey Bunch. You Know That I Love You...

Me and my girls in D.C. This really has nothing to do with my post, but I didn't have a photo representation that worked.

I've been trying hard to be better about a few things for my health. One, is what I've been speaking about and that's alcohol intake. I'm not completely dry now, but I've got it waaaay under control. Good on me!

My second thing is trying to drink as much water as possible. I'm usually okay about it at work, but I get lazy with it at home. So, now I've been trying a lot harder to drink more water, and I'm doing better at that. I have asked John to remind me to drink water and I've been making sure I have a full water bottle sitting beside me when I'm reading or watching TV.

My third thing is the hardest for me. I have always loved sugar (salt too, but sugar more). I know it's bad for me and I feel like crap after I eat it, but that apparently doesn't stop me. Since it's hardest for me at work, where people bring all kinds of sugary treats, I started bringing a bag of raw, unsalted almonds with me and every time I crave sugar, I eat a handful. It's been working pretty well. As with the alcohol, I still eat some sugar, I just don't go ape shit over it...Right now, anyway.


4 comments:

A said...

That is a beautiful picture of the three of you! !

rel said...

Good on ya for trying.
I too have hand to mouth disease. Water is a helpful placebo unless your a 71 year old man with an enlarged prostate and every trip to the toilet to urinate takes longer than running the Marine Corps marathon. Just saying. That means limiting wine and beer also. :-(

Churls said...

Drag. In some ways it's hell getting old. In others it's awesome and at least we get the chance. I'm sure I'll have to watch my water consumption in the next few years too...

Churls said...

A, Thanks. It's unusual that not one of us has our eyes closed and none of us are eating. Ha ha.