Thursday, January 26, 2017

Nothin', Don't mean Nothin', Hun, If It Ain't Free, No No

Poor John.


There are many ways that John and I deserve each other (take that any way you want). We've been together 6.5 years now and he is the only guy I've ever been with who hasn't made me feel like I had to cut off certain parts of my personality in order to be in a relationship with him. Most importantly, we think we are hilarious. Here are just a couple of conversations we've had in the last few weeks about our impending nuptials.

First conversation:

Me: You have two more days of freedom left. How does that feel?

John: This is freedom?

Me: (singing) Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose...

Second conversation:

Me: What did you say?

John: Nothing. I'm just being strange right now...

Me: Good. If you weren't strange, we wouldn't have anything in common.

John: I said, STRANGE, not PSYCHO.

Me: Okay, then. If you weren't BITCHY, we wouldn't have anything in common.


Oh, but we have fun...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!!! And to think it all started with you changing his pan in the hospital bed. NoR

Churls said...

ha ha. Exactly. But he took care of me when I had breast cancer, so I guess we're even. In sickness and health and all that jazz...