Friday, October 23, 2015

Wind Was Blowing, Time Stood Still


This morning, I asked Archie if he would please trade places with me today. He could go to work and do the adulting and I would stay home and hang-out on the couch and do the catting. I took his snores and fat old man wheezing as a no. Damn it!

 So, since I HAD to go to work today, at least I had a lovely evening last night to make up for it. I rode my bike to Apres after work and met John. It was a lovely evening for a ride, and riding to a date is like two great tastes in one candy bar.


We got the veggie fondue that had bread and tempura carrots and asparagus to stick in the lovely melted cheese. We also got escargot and some lobster bisque soup. Everything was amazing and wonderful.


Because it was Happy Hour, we got buy one, get one half off on cocktails. So, we tried a couple. There was one made with carrot juice and walnut liqueur, among other things. The bartender told us it was the healthiest cocktail they made. It was also really, really good. When we got home, we watched an HBO documentary about Billie Jean King. It looks like I owe her a HUGE thank-you for all the work she did trying to get equality for women athletes. I remember what it was like when I was a kid trying to run track and getting made fun of for wanting to do sports like a guy and the football coach not wanting us to use the weight room because we were girls and we would ruin them somehow and some guys in my school used to tell me, the muscles in my legs were gross and made me look like a dude. I'm glad things have changed, but we still have a long way to go.

Anyway, I had a lovely night and it is definitely getting me though this rainy, incredibly busy workday Friday.

2 comments:

NoRegrets said...

That photo of ARchie looks like Billy...
The cocktails look/sound great!

Churlita said...

I know. I'm so sorry that Billy is gone. I hope it doesn't make you too sad to see photos of Archie, that look like Billy.