Tuesday, October 06, 2015

I am Tired, I am Weary

Heidi doesn't mind when I am sick AT ALL.

My cold got the WAY better of me these last few days.  I woke-up on Monday feeling kind of crappy. John told me I should stay home and I told him that Mondays were bad days to miss at my office...Then I felt so dizzy I could barely stand and said I would call in and stay home. I stayed home again today and started feeling a little better in the afternoon.


I suppose if I HAVE to be sick, I should focus on the positive. So, here is a list of the good things about having a cold.

1. I am normally too hyper to sit around much, but when I'm sick, I am able to, say...Read an entire 500 some page novel in 2 days and start another one.

2. I get to create my couch world where I camp out with my Kleenex, a book, the TV remote, and some hot tea and water. I like to think of it as the adult version of the blanket fort.

3. I am limited to, but also have no excuse but to just lie around, read books, blow my nose, watch ridiculous amounts of House Hunters episodes and sleep...But most importantly, I'm way too sick to clean anything.

4. I get to spend TWO WHOLE DAYS away from work during the week.

5. I finally get to whine back to the cats, so they know what it feels like.

6. It's feed a cold and starve a fever and guess which one I have?

7. My beautiful boyfriend brings me take-out from Oyama, because what's better for a sick person than Miso soup and Wasabi to burn out a cold? The sushi is just the receptacle, I swear.

8. This afternoon when I started to feel a little better, I had to make sure I could be functional enough to go to work, so I made myself sit up for a couple of hours and FINALLY got to work on my cartoon drawing for the painting I've been trying to finish for months now. The cats are sweet enough to work as security against the evil and terrifying birds and chipmunks and bunnies and squirrels that lurk in our backyard. Regular Gargoyles, those two.

We'll see how tomorrow goes. I may forgo riding my bike to work, in case I still don't have the energy. I'm sure the cats will miss me....

2 comments:

NoRegrets said...

I just got over an evil evil cold. Problem was the first day I had no energy to do anything but wasn't tired enough to sleep. Bad purgatory.

Churlita said...

Yeah. That sucks. I'm glad you are feeling better now.