Wednesday, October 21, 2015

And the Miles Upon Miles Keep Fallin' From the Sky


So, here's a cool thing that I won at my race last Saturday. It's a little wallet thing made from a bike innertube. I'm assuming it's waterproof, but even if it's not, it's pretty cool, huh?

I love it when Run for the Schools goes past our house once a year.

So, still this week I am having cold systems. Le sigh. I haven't had a migraine since Friday, so that's something...

On Sunday I slept in until 7:30'ish for the first time in about a month. It was lovely. We had to get ready to meet our friend Todd at a few locations to see if we can get some more local cyclocross races going in town next year. Todd is one of the best CX course makers - and when I say best, I mean cruelest. he loves to make the hills ridiculously high and everything else incredibly technical. It worried me a little about how excited he got when we showed him the areas we were considering for new races..Because it means those races could be really, really tough.


After we met Todd, we went downtown to meet a few friends for a Sunday fun day social ride to Kalona. It's one of my favorite routes. The hills are rolling, the little gravel there is, is more like easy to ride dirt, and the Amish farms are gorgeous.


We always do "no drop" rides, so we stop and regroup if anyone falls behind. That way we never have to worry if someone crashed or had a mechanical and is stuck on the side of the road somewhere.


See what I mean about the scenery?


Our friend Susie met us at the Brew Pub. She had gone back to Mexico to visit her family after 14 years of being away and she just got back. It was lovely to see her...As always.


It was the first weekend day in a month that we didn't have a race in another town. We were supposed to be getting stuff done around our house, but our house chores will always be there and this incredible weather will be very short lived, I'm sure. Like I always do, I looked at it like, if I died tomorrow, would I be upset that I didn't get the popcorn ceiling replaced in my kitchen, or would I be more unhappy that I didn't take advantage of a beautiful, bucolic day on my bike? I think we all know the answer to that.

No comments: