Friday, June 05, 2015

You Can Lose Sight of it All.





Well, kids. It's been a weird couple of weeks and I'm still trying to process stuff. Some of the issues have to deal with the lovely perimenopause that is plaguing me, but, don't worry. I won't go into any details. It's mostly just making me migrainey and weak and dizzy. So, we'll see how I do at my triathlon this weekend....

Instead of writing about any of the other stuff I'm dealing with, I'll just celebrate cat Friday! I will also say how grateful I am for my surly, sassy boys. Sure, they can be annoying pains in the asses when they want, but then I don't have to feel bad when I am too. Mostly, they are both funny, entertaining, affectionate and too smart for their own damn good.


 Not to be outdone, Heidi gets really conflicted when she wants to claw my leg, but she is starting to fall asleep at the same time. Poor thing.


 Good things about the last couple of weeks, is how lucky I have been with novels. I am reading "Euphoria" by Lily King and it is incredible. It is based on Margaret Mead and it some excellent escapism. It is one of the best books I have read so far this year...And that's saying something. Although, Archie might just be a little jealous of the time I am spending reading, when I could be petting him.



This, right here, is my sanctuary. I love my screened-in-porch. The gnats and mosquitoes can't get me, the cats are happy and I can watch all of the critters frolicking among the flowers. I still have a ton of work to do in my backyard, but it can wait. I tend to be a chipper-awayer-at-things kind of girl. It all seems to get done eventually and for now, I'm happy to hang-out, relax and watch the birds at the feeder.

2 comments:

rel said...

Sitting in my yard, relaxing and watching the perfusion of nature; critters, birds and plants, is my second favorite pastime. Reading is number one.

Churlita said...

I'm right there with you, Rel. Two of my favorite things as well.