Sunday, May 31, 2015

I Come From Open Prairie. Given Some Wisdom and a Lot of Jive.


I do love it when my boyfriend sends me things saying how much he appreciates the things about me that most people think are weird. Here was an email he sent me last week when I was at work that made me very happy:

"I put a cast on an eleven year old girl this morning. The whole time Dad was talking and her three brothers were tearing around the castroom. They told me she's going to camp next week and she's obviously excited, though she hasn't been before. Dad says, "Yeah, it's a girl only thing. I figure that's okay 'cause she's always hanging out with nothing but us boys." There's no sign or mention of Mom. When Dad continues with "She's a bit of a tomboy" the girl looks a little embarassed. "Nothing wrong with that," I tell her, "My partner's a tomboy, and she's loads of fun. She's almost as old as me and she still runs and bikes and swims all the time." That got a smile out of her."

If I'm going to be this weird and hyper, it's nice that there is a person on this earth who finds it endearing. I am one lucky tomboy.

2 comments:

rel said...

Friendship and support; the two essentials for a happy life. More girls should be like you, IMO.

Churlita said...

Aw. Thanks, Rel. That is very nice of you to say.