Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Well It's All right, If You Live the Life You Please.


 Sunday was our last day in Chicago. Our plan was to get up early and run and then maybe swim in the pool and use the hot tub. We didn't wake up until after 8. That was the first time since I can't remember that I've had over 9 hours of straight sleep.


It was misty and foggy, but still warm and humid when John and I went out for our run. There were fewer people out as well. It could have been the weather or it could be just that it was a Sunday. While John and I were taking photos of each other against the foggy backdrop, a couple stopped and asked if we wanted them to take a pic of both of us. What the hell? So, we got a good, sweaty, stinky shot of us, complete with frizz halo above my head. It's actually kind of perfect.


We headed back to the hotel and the kids were all ready to head out on our next adventure.


Coadster wanted to go to Millenium park and check out the Bean. I had done a little research and saw that there was also a cool fountain and the art around the band shell was another thing to see.


We headed down there. Coadster was in a bit of a hurry, since she had to pick her dog up in the Quad Cities and also had a longer drive than the rest of us. She and I look at life a little differently as well, so I end up making her a little stabby from time to time. She tends to look at life as something to get things done during. To be economical and practical and not waste time. I look at life as an adventure - preferably, the goofier the better. I like to "waste" time checking things out, taking my time and I like to go with things and see where they go. Because of all of that I just said, she got a little annoyed with me and her sister and both of our male companions.


We made it to the park more slowly than she and her male companion, but we got some awesomely funny photos...So there. Coadster calmed down a bit when we got to the park and saw how great it was. They loved the fountain part where they make it look like people are spitting water out at us. We all agreed that if we didn't have to get into a car and sit in wet clothes for several hours, we would have been all over playing in the water.


From the park, we headed to the most highly recommended place to eat Chicago style pizza. Coadster wanted that for her birthday lunch, and we were all on board.

Of course, we got caught up in taking more goofy photos and pissed Coadster off even more, but you can't look at that photo above of the guys mimicking the swimsuit mannequins and tell me it wasn't worth it...Okay. Maybe you can, but you are probably much more mature than we are.


We did try to pick up our pace and made it to the pizza place, just a little over a minute after Coadster and her boyfriend. That's pretty good for me.


When we finished eating and made it to John's car in the ramp, we discovered that his battery had died for whatever reason. At first we tried to push it, so John could try and pop the clutch. We couldn't get it going fast enough for that to work, so I went to the ramp office and no one was there. I kept knocking and wandered around a bit, until the woman attendant showed. She gave us a jump and we were finally off. Since that was the only real hiccup in the whole trip, we considered ourselves pretty damn lucky.

No comments: