Friday, March 20, 2015

It's Friday, I'm in Love.

Guacamole salad!

I thought I'd shake things up and just talk about what's going on in my life these days, besides racing and training.

When we were in Des Moines last Saturday, we got to have lunch with Coadster and her boyfriend. It was great to see them.



In books: I'm still reading the first book of the Kristin Lavransdatter Trilogy. So far, it's really good. I can see why she won the Nobel Prize for it. It's a little spicier than I thought it would too. Bonus! Before that, I read Murakami's, "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running". I really liked that as well. It was nice to read what another aging athlete is thinking and doing and a lot of what he wrote about training for triathlons, I could really relate to. I plan on reading James McBride's "The Good Lord Bird" next. It won the National Book Award and looks really interesting.

In viewing: We watched "The Very Best Marigold Hotel" last night and it was very sweet. I love escapism. We also started watching "Futurama" from the beginning this week. I have seen a couple of episodes but it was a while into the series and I had no idea what was going on. Now, it's starting to all make sense...Kind of.

In music: I've been listening to Neko Case on Pandora radio. A nice mix of folky, blue grassy, indie singers. This weekend I cleaned my living room and made dinner to The Los Lobos Greatest hits collection and Ricki Lee Jones' "Flying Cowboys".

In food: I've made BBQ shrimp kabobs on the grill with brown rice, tamari, butter and nutritional yeast, served with honey sriracha brussel sprouts, I also made a black bean quinoa enchilada bake with guacamole salad and tonight we're having fish tacos with guacamole, black beans and spicy slaw.

In playing: John just bought a used mountain bike - a dual suspension, 26'er and we plan to go play on trails this weekend.

Since it's Friday, I had to put up a cat photo. I believe this is a fast moving, Heidi tail ( a very rare species).





I think we have fixed the problem of Archie waking us up all night. John said we should just put him in the laundry room and shut that door. His litter box is in there and he can go upstairs to the reading room and sleep in several places, but we can't hear him meow. We did that on Tuesday night, and he hasn't bothered us while we slept since then. We'll see how long that lasts...

No comments: