Wednesday, June 01, 2016

It's a Long Way to Tipperary. It's a Long Way to Go.


It is June first already. Can you believe that sh*t? As I I have been whining on and on about on here lately, I've been sick for most of the month of May. Wah, wah, wah. The good news, is that I've lost 8 lbs this month, the bad news, is that my daily stats are going to suck.


I saw this yesterday when I went outside on my break to read. What kind of bird is this? It's so beautiful, it doesn't even look real. I'm sad its dead.


With my illnesses this month, Archie hasn't quite known what to do.  He tries to be very, very helpful, by sitting or lying on my chest and stomach. Let me tell you, nothing makes a stomach flu or chest cold feel better than the weight of a 20 lb cat....


Okay, enough on the sicknesses, how about some very low monthly stats?

Miles ridden: 333.

Miles Run: 37.13

Miles Swam/swum/?: .62

Books Read: 6 "A Girl is a Half Formed Thing" by Eimear McBride, "Matilda" by Roald Dahl, "Some Luck" by Jane Smiley, "A Brief History of Seven Killings" by Marlon James, "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck and "Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress" by Dai Sijie


Blog Posts Written: 9.

Real Writing Done: A whole lot of nothing.


House Projects Done: Finally I have something to write in here. I dug out and planted two new gardens on top of planting my normal one. I'm hoping that having more sunlight will help me get real, red tomatoes, instead of the few green tomatoes I would get at the end of the season, and put in a window to ripen and then have to take them out a day or two later after they rotted. I'm nothing, if not a sucker for false hope.

We also FINALLY started scraping the popcorn ceiling in our kitchen (and by we, I mean John). He did about a quarter of it to see how messy it would be. It was messy all right, but he thinks he can do the rest of it one day this coming weekend. Then I will patch the holes in the ceiling and then prime and paint it and work on the rest of the kitchen.....

So, next month, I'm hoping to be well and to get to play outside more and to keep going on the kitchen...And I will DEFINITELY post a photo of the first red, not rotten tomato I get.

No comments: