Friday, June 17, 2016

'Cause I haven't Got Time for the Pain. I haven't Got Room for the Pain...


So, I'm supposed to do that Adventure Race with my brother this weekend. I'm still iffy as far as my health issues go, but I'm hoping for the best.


Yesterday I took a half day of vacation to do some hilly riding, since the first hill I come to on my bike during the Adventure Race will be a 20 % grade uphill. Jeesh!

As I said, I haven't been feeling great lately, but I figured I'd go for a nice 50 mile ride out to Sutliff Bridge and back. I stopped at the Co-op on the way home and since their cheese danishes were on sale for just over $2, I figured that I should buy one and have it as my treat at the halfway point.

I didn't feel very strong, but I thought since I had a headwind, I'd feel better on the way home when the wind was at my back. I was wrong. I got almost to Solon when I realized that I was too tired and dizzy and weak to make it all the way home. Luckily for me, Stinky had asked to borrow my hatchback so she could move some furniture out of her house. I called her to see if she could come get me. She said, "No problem."


I kept riding, albeit very slowly and got to the turn-off for the Raptor Center at Lake McBride when I saw Stinky. She pulled over and we loaded my bike up and headed home. On the way, she told me that she was searching the road for me as she was driving but it was hard to tell if it was me or not because there were so many old people riding their bikes and a lot of them were wearing neon helmets like mine. Old people? What the hell? Damn kids, got no respect. I couldn't get too offended because she later told me she was on her way to a manicure when I called, and she didn't think twice about rescheduling it to come and get me. Nice kid, I got there....Except for her old lady cracks.

So, after I got home, I took a little nap. I was still feeling kind of dizzy and I thought that maybe what I had was a mile migraine, but later in the evening, I realized that I was actually just starting to get a serious migraine, one that has already caused me to take my meds twice now. I'm hoping it will all go away for the race tomorrow...

No comments: