Wednesday, April 06, 2016

All For Freedom and for Pleasure. Nothing Ever Lasts Forever

I saw this thing along the bike path. I think it's a stripped down bike helmet with some kind of spike in it? Is it a hoodoo message to cyclists?

Since it is April 6th already, I thought I might finally get around to doing my monthly stats for march. here we go:

Cycling Miles - 177.

Running Mile - 87.60.

Swimming Miles: 5.

Walking Miles - 2.

Races: 2. One 10K road running race and one 25 mile part gravel/part road race on my cyclocross bike.

Books Read: 7. "The Secret Garden", by Frances Hodgson Burnett, "Norwegian Wood", by Haruki Murakami, "Miss Anne in Harlem: The White Women of the Black Renaissance", Carla Kaplan, "Wolf in White Van" John Darnielle, "In the Woods" Tana French, "Last Kind Words Saloon" Larry McMurtry, "Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity", Katherine Boo.

House Projects started or comepleted - ....Yeah. You know the drill. One of these days...

Drawing/Paintings started or completed - I did do some doodling and a few rough sketches, but I'm still having a hard time coming up with an image I really want to paint.

Yard Work - I started some seedlings of organic basil, tomatoes, cone flowers and marigolds for the garden, I've been playing pick-up sticks in my backyard almost every day with these colossal winds, and I'm clearing leaves away from the garden, so the earliest flowers can get sunlight and bloom away.

Out of Town Trips - 1. To Des Moines for a running race.

So, that was my March in numbers. I'm hoping that the weather starts getting warmer and less windy this month, so I can stop wasting my time eternally picking up sticks in my yard and start playing more on my bike.

No comments: