Thursday, February 25, 2016

Jus' Do Something Random


 Today's post will be all about the random. I plan on  just jumping from one thought to another, and you can all just try and follow along...Or not.

I got new running shoes yesterday. Out of the blue, John bought me that black pair of extra support Altra trail running shoes about a month ago. They are awesome, but they are a little heavy and they are zero drop, which seems to make my calves very tight. So, I bought the blue pair of Saucony's. They are lighter, and will be better for running races and have an 8% drop. I'm hoping having two pairs of running shoes that are both a little different, and alternating wearing them for different types of running will help my messed-up feet and beleaguered, old, body. It's the first time in my life I've had the luxury of switching-out two new pairs of shoes when I run. Lucky me!


Two years ago today, we rode up Mt Lemmon in Tucson. As we rode up it, we hit at least 3 different ecosystems and saw so many other riders. I would love to do it again. One of these days...
 
 Last night, my brother, sister-in-law and her mom came down from Madison to watch the Hawkeyes play basketball against the Badgers. We all met and had dinner at Augusta, a Cajun fusion restaurant that just moved from a smaller town, into Iowa City. The food was still amazing and we got to have fun family time with John and both my girls.

 We headed over to Brew Lab to kill some time before my brother and his family headed to the game and John took this photo of me and the girls...


As you can see, Coadster was REALLY comfortable with me hanging on her like that...Or not...And that's why it was hilarious to do.

I just finished reading "The Blazing World" and am currently reading "The Unknown World". Maybe I should read "The War of the Worlds" next and see who would win between the sexist art snobs of the first novel and the African American slave owners of the second book. Hmmmm.

On Saturday morning when I was running and it was so nice out, and I was slogging down the bike path and saw all these wonderful, happy, families riding bikes and I passed one skinny, white, 10 year old looking boy and I waved to  him as I passed and he gave me the black power fist in return and I laughed almost the whole rest of my way home.

Since we're not really going on a vacation outside of Iowa (except possibly a Christmas time trip to Washington DC), I have some extra vacation days to play with. Starting next month, I get to take a whole day, a half day and 3 hours of a day of vacation a month all the way through July. I can't wait for more time to ride and run this year.

Okay. That's just about all the random I can fit into one post...

2 comments:

Spandex King said...

Sorry about your Hawkeyes :-)

Churls said...

yeah. I hear they aren't doing that well now. I'm not a big ball sport person, but my brother and his wife are and they are displaced Hawleyes living in Madison...