Thursday, February 04, 2016

I'm Just Action and Other Times, Reaction


Soooooo, I just went ahead and made an appointment with my chiropractor to see if he can right the wrongs of my back/ hips or whatever is out of alignment. I go in tomorrow and I'm hoping things get better so I can start running again. I seem to be okay riding my bike with the issue and I'm going to try to swim laps tomorrow morning to see if that works for me.

I have been going to the same chiropractor on and off since my early twenties. I have been to a few others, but he is really a stand-up guy. The first guy I went to was all about making money. He should tell me I needed to come back twice a week forever and then he tried to sell me all this crap and do some weird ultrasound like thing to my feet. Don't worry, he let me make payments and charged me interest. Grrrrrr. I was 21 years old and didn't know any better.

This guy I see now is great. Last time I went for a specific thing after I crashed my bike so hard during RAGBRAI. After a month or two, he told me that that thing looked like it was righted and then it would just be maintenance, so if I didn't want to spend the money, I didn't have to make any more appointments, but maintenance sure wouldn't hurt me. It's kind of nice to be able to trust your health care provider, isn't it?

Anyway, the chiropractor may not help whatever's wrong with me, but I'm still doing stretches and exercises and using the massage cane thingy and attacking it from all angles. We'll see how it all goes...

No comments: