Monday, January 18, 2016

Yo, Watch the Way I Navigate

Snoozing in the sunny spots makes the cats lazy(er).

Check this out. I'm blogging from home, which means I finally got my computer back. Yea! It's also better than before - now new improved with a bigger hard drive and some programs to keep the heinous malware out.

 Last Friday pretty much sucked. It was crazy busy at work, because the new semester starts tomorrow and everyone waited until the last minute to take care of crap. Then, I also had a problem with my bank giving some other customer $400 of my money. I thought I got them to fix it on Monday, but then their website was down and by Friday, when I checked to make sure, not only was the $400 still gone, there were overdraft fees, because I try not to keep much money in my checking account. Sooooo, I had to go down to the bank on my lunch break and the guy told me he guaranteed that he would have it fixed in the next hour and he'd call me and email me to let me sure when that was done. He never called or emailed me. I was still feeling crappy from that mild bug I had and my hip wasn't healed yet either. Yeah, I know. Wah, effing, wah.

Anyway, I got home from work and John got off work early, so he could go to the store and get my computer set up before I got home. I really am the luckiest, most spoiledest girl in the world with John in my life. While John was running, I went out and got some Chinese take-out. We had a cocktail and watched the "Thin Man" after dinner. Talk about turning around a bad day...

This is the facility where we swim laps.

The rest of the weekend  was frigid. I was still feeling a little punky on Saturday, so I settled in to read the first Harry Potter novel. I heated up leftovers for lunch and then John and I went to the rec services building to swim laps. I get a sweet deal, since I work at the university and John gets a not so bad deal for being my one extra family member on my account. The services are pretty damn sweet. We get to sim laps in a University level pool and normally we got to use an amazing steam room. It's down for repairs right now, but that just means we have to settle for a gigantic jacuzzi with some of the strongest jets I've ever felt. Life is so hard...

After we went swimming, we decided to say screw cooking and went to Eastside Shorts for dinner. We always sit at the bar and our favorite bartender was working. We talked to him and one of the servers about books and music and what we were all up to lately. Then we went home and I made John watch the movie, "Holes". Eartha Kitt, Jon Voight, Sigourney Weaver and Henry Winkler? What's not to like?
 

On Sunday I woke up with a migraine. I took my meds and laid around on the couch and watched a European cyclocross race online and then read more Harry Potter, while I waited for my migraine to disappear.

Since it was about 25 below with the windchill, neither John or I were up for working out outside, so we went back and swam more laps. We ran to the store and then I figured that if it was going to be that damn cold, I'd just go ahead and make some delicious comfort food. I made tuna noodle casserole with crunched up potato chips on top and then added a little heat with honey sriracha brussel sprouts. Here's to building up that Winter pelt!

Just as I was getting that overwhelming feeling of dread that comes to me every Sunday evening, I remembered. I don't have to work on Monday! Poor John works at a clinic and they don't get Martin Luther King Day off, but that just means I get the house to myself...Besides those annoying cats, that is.

2 comments:

Spandex King said...

Wow! What a nice pool! And a steam room? Nice place to be on days like this. Stay warm!

Churlita said...

I know. We are so spoiled.