Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Voices Carry


Archie would like to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. He is one hell of a turkey, weighing in at 21 lbs. He has asked to be stuffed with salmon and tuna juice, please and thank you.

I will leave you for the holiday with some of my favorite overheards from the Living History Farms run:

At the beginning of the race a girl started yelling, "Go faster! Run! Ruuuuuun!" Her boyfriend said something to her that I couldn't hear then she said, "Wait. We have seven miles of this? Oh my God! I'm gonna diiiiiiieeee!

Half way through the race, a dad said to his son, "You didn't come here to stay clean, did you?"

On the home stretch, I was looking at all the muddy butts ahead of me, when I said to John, "We all look like we pooped ourselves." The guy dressed like King Tut, running ahead of me, turned around and said, "Some of us actually did!"

1 comment:

rel said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, especially your feline turkey, Archie. And today, it's ok to get your fingers messy.