Monday, September 19, 2011

Planet Earth is Blue. And There's Nothing I Can Do.

Me being chased by the zombie invasion.

Sooo, I caught a bad cold and had to skip the triathlon on Sunday. I had to call it on Friday to get my fee deferred until next year. I just didn't think that me being sick + a 50 degree, rainy day +
a hard physical work-out for about 2 hours would add up to anything very positive. You know?

The Guy enjoying his zombie attack.

Friday night was really nice. The Guy took me out for Thai food and we came home and watched an old movie called, Desk Set. The last time I had seen it, was with my mom. Weird.

Here is a picture of me dancing behind The Guy. Dork!

The rest of the weekend was okay. I tried to clean Coadster's room and have everything ready for when she comes home, so she can go through her pile of crap and tell me what she wants to keep and what I can get rid of. I was pretty tired, so I would clean for a bit and then rest for a bit and then clean and rest and on and on. Of course, there was some nose blowing and sneezing going on in there too.

I took a nap and felt well enough to go out for a little bit on Saturday night. It was the zombie march in our town, and I love to check out all the costumes and obviously, the photo ops ain't bad either.

I'm feeling a little better today. I'm hoping to feel well enough tomorrow to start swimming, running and cycling, but I guess we'll see how that goes...

4 comments:

silly rabbit said...

Smart gal for knowing when to back off and let your body do what it needs to do!
I think that Thai food is a good cure for a cold.
Zombies! You can't beat that. =;]

NoRegrets said...

And she looks great even when she's sick! Sorry you couldn't do it...

laura b. said...

I hope you feel better soon. When I'm sick (or not) I'd fit right in with the zombies! You, however, look marvelous :-D

rel said...

Churlita,
I hate it when I train hard for an event and then get sick and have to pospone it.
rel