Friday, April 27, 2018

Time Has Come Today

The first flowers to bloom in my garden.

As I've said, I'm crazy excited about this nice weather. The only downside is that I can't find enough time in the day to do everything I want to get done. I always tell people the best way to age well, is to have tons of hobbies and passions, the bad thing about that is you become like me and start stressing yourself out about all the things you can't get done.

So, in order to ease that a little bit, I took a vacation day on Tuesday when it was supposed to be nice and warm. This is what it looked like:


6:30 - wake-up.

7:00 - Run 5 miles.

8:00 - Get home and change clothes.

8:15 - The sewer guys come to scrape the roots out of our pipes.

8:30 - Read my book, drink tea and eat breakfast, start a load of laundry in the washer.

10:30 - Go to the garden center and the grocery store.

11:30 - Come home, hang up laundry, and eat lunch.

12:45 - Go outside and work in the garden.

2:00 - Cram my mountain bike into my car and head to the trails.

4:30 - finish mountain biking and head home.

5:00 - Get  home, bring in the laundry and put clothes away.

5:30. Coadster gets off work and comes over because she and Stinky asked if I'd go for a bike ride on paths around town and then head to Shakespeare's for dinner with them.

6:30 - Get to Shakespeare's, call John and Stinky's fiance to meet us for dinner.

8:00 - Get home and watch an episode of Ballykissangel.

9:00 - Go upstairs and read my book until I fall asleep.

10:00 - Wake-up, head downstairs to my bed and pass-out.

I was almost happy to go to work the next day, so I could rest...Almost.



That whole day I was doing all of that stuff, I kept thinking how happy I am to be where I am today. Sure, it would be great to be rich and have more time to do stuff, but when I was younger, I didn't have the money or the opportunity or the emotional maturity to use my spare time very wisely. I may have stayed inside watching TV or been so overwhelmed that I slept most of the day away. I am so thankful to know exactly what I want to do with a free day and actually get myself to use my time wisely and also balance that time with fun and work and rest. So, if I can't get more hours in a day, I'm glad I'm not wasting the ones I do have anymore. Just trying to remember to appreciate all of my good shit...

No comments: