Monday, April 23, 2018

So Fresh and So Clean, Clean

Archie gets excited when we move the furniture to clean.

Oh, kids. It FINALLY got nice and warm on a weekend. Since it snowed almost every weekend for over a month, we were all more than ready for the good weather. Yea!

I guess, the good thing about the weather being so crappy for so much of the Spring, is that we got a lot done on our kitchen, and I'm pretty damn sure we wouldn't have, had the weather been better. So, there's that...

Anyway, on Saturday it got up into the upper 50's. Weird. I went to a nursery to look at plants and stuff. I love doing that and the new garden store I went to actually had some shade plants. Our backyard is so shady and I've been trying to turn most of it into a shade garden, instead of the Creeping Charlie garden it is now. So, I found some Lungwart and a red Columbine. It was great to add some other flowers beside lilies back there.

I got home from the garden store and started to clean.



We were having people over for dinner and to watch the original "West World" movie from 1973. Which meant we had to get our house act together. Since we've been working in the kitchen since January, we've had our pot rack sitting on our living room floor for several months. So, we had to finish up the last part of our kitchen that we could paint (there's still another tiny section that we can't paint yet because we have to change the subfloor underneath the fridge so that the refrigerator won't lean against the wall anymore).

I got it all painted early in the morning and by the time I came home from the garden center, John had the pot rack up on the ceiling again and I set to cleaning our living room like a crazy person. It was really nice to have it all clean and with much less clutter than before.


Our kitchen is looking pretty nice too. Like I keep saying, we have to redo the flooring and buy an appliance or two, but we are very close to being done with the kitchen.


I made enchiladas and rice and beans and we had a lovely and clean house and a great time with our friends. One of our friends even brought their box wine in the little truck of their bike. We're a classy bunch.

It was so nice to start Sunday with a clean house, so we could spend the rest of the weekend playing outside.

No comments: