Friday, April 06, 2018

Bring Tea For the Tillerman, Steak for the Sun, Wine for the Women Who Made the Rain Come.

Thanks to Chelsea Bilskemper for the photo.
 We interrupt our regularly scheduled reports on my kitchen rehab for last weekend's work on the garden.

Last Saturday was finally a little warmer and it didn't snow (weird), but it was ridiculously windy. So, we got our friends, Burne and Chelsea to come over with their tiller and a truckload for of very old horse poo (or as we like to call it, black gold).

I've never had a garden tilled before. Last year, I dug up our whole front yard with a shovel and lots of my own sweat (EW!). That tiller works brilliantly, and it's supposed to help grind up caterpillars who will be hell-bent on devouring my tomato and pepper plants this Summer. Fingers crossed.



Anyway, this is the finished product. Now, we just have to wait for it to quit snowing, so we can build up some beds and get some planting done.


I spent some time on Sunday repotting many of my seedlings. They are doing really well. I can't wait to get them in the ground, but that should be at least another month. It is so much damn work, but I do love to garden.

Since it's supposed to snow again this weekend, we'll probably get more done in the kitchen. I hope.

No comments: