Saturday, December 17, 2016

Little, Darling, It's Been a Long, Cold, Lonely, Winter


Well, shit, kids. It's been a cold week around here. It was finals, which means all the students are leaving town and it will be nice and quiet around Iowa City for the next month. I'm okay with that.


I don't know if you live where it gets this cold and if you do, if you get outside as often as possible, but, man, it can be tough to make yourself get out in it. There is so much planning and clothes gathering and gear remembering and inside of your nostrils freezing.

I did just say, screw it a couple of days and I don't feel badly at all about it. I drove my car to work and back two or three times last week. I only ran outside 3 times this week, but at least I got out a majority of the days when the windchills were well below zero.

We have a couple more days of this ridiculousness, before we get back to it being all toasty and warm in the 20's and 30's. Woo hoo!


Until that time, I will be sure to head upstairs to my reading room, turn on the fake fireplace and use the animals for warmth. At least they're good for something...

2 comments:

silly rabbit said...

It's cold here too. My trees and bushes are layered in ice and dragon teeth hang from the wires. I avoid it out there. I do however, totally get the comfort of the fake fire and snuggling Roxy for warmth. Stay safe.

Churls said...

Dogs and fireplaces, whether real or fake are perfect for cold Winter days.