Thursday, October 27, 2016

There's No Other Ending. Sunday Sun. Yesterdays are Mending. Sunday Sun.


 It was a lazy weekend at our house. I wasn't feeling well. I could go on and on about hormones and perimenopause and how it is unkind and migraines and blah and blah, but like our dreams, nobody is interested in our hormones but ourselves.


Since it's nigh on Halloween, I have an excuse to watch cheesy 70's horror films. On Friday night, I chose to watch "Carrie". It is a sad and disturbing movie, but just look at the "talent": Sissy Spacek, Piper Laurie, William Katt, Amy Irving, John Travolta, Betty Buckley, Nancy Allen and the woman who played Riff Randall in "Rock and Roll High School". Hopefully, this upcoming weekend, we'll get to watch the original "Halloween" with Jamie Leigh Curtis...


Speaking of scary...This is what I woke up to on Saturday morning. Apparently, because I was sidelined by a migraine, Archie thought I was sleeping in too late and so he sweetly took the time to jump on top of me to save me from myself. Good kitty...Jerk.


I did much lounging on Saturday morning. By about midday, I went out to run errands. I finally made it to the garden center to get some organic garlic to plant, black dirt with which to plant it and peat moss to put the irises roots and gladiola bulbs I dug up for the Winter.

I got home and told John that it was probably the last weekend I'd get to take care of the Fall gardening needs, so I was going to spend the rest of the day doing that. He said he would clean many of our bikes, probably like, 10 of them. So, we both got to play outside all afternoon - John with bikes and me in mud. I planted 25 tulip bulbs, 20'ish cloves of garlic, and another 15 or so irises. Now, all I have left to do, is bring in my rain gauge, my disco ball, and cover all the gardens with all the leaves that have dropped from my trees.


I was going to try to race on Sunday, but my body wasn't having it. Instead, we went to the race and John did his race, even though his back was really bugging him. He was basically walking over the barriers, but it was a pretty small field of racers, so he was able to get first even though his back pain was slowing him down. We stayed the whole, wonderfully, warm afternoon and a lot of our friends showed up. It was a perfect afternoon, even if I wasn't feeling the best.

The weekend ended just like it started, with a bunch of lazy cats napping all over the furniture. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: