Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I Ride Down the Lane With a Happy Refrain


Hey! This week has been crazy, and most importantly, I've been reading a book that I can't put down, so I'm not getting much Blogging done....Or anything else, really.

So, we'll just right a little weekend post. It was lovely and wonderful. On Friday night I made some spicy peanut noodles with shrimp, miso soup and mixed greens with a homemade balsamic vinaigerette dressing.


On Saturday I read some in the morning, watched a professional bike race on-line and then did my 8.3 mile run outside. The run felt great. My metatarsalgia only hurt a little at the end, and all my other ailments kept themselves in line and didn't grieve me much at all. Ahhh.

That evening, we headed over to the Hilltop for our bike racing team party. Our racing team is also a riding club, so it's nice and mellow and some race and some ride and it also includes off road cycling, running, triathlon, and CX country ski races. It is perfect for me, because I'm not a hardcore road racer and I'm old and I would not fit in with a serious road racing team at all. I like our mix of weirdos and lovable freaks. It was nice to see everyone. That's the only problem when you have a team of people that all race different things or don't race at all, you don't get to see everyone very often.


On Sunday John got up early and ran a 13 mile route. I got some things done around the house and then Stinky called to see if we wouldn't mind watching her puppy. We didn't mind a bit. John tried to take a nap after his run and shower, but Jaxson didn't make it easy for him.


By the time I got home from my 4.5 mile run, I came home to two sleepy boys. It looks like John got the puppy to nap after all...


After lunch, John and I decided to head to the mountain bike trails. They were finally open. Yea!


We were both pretty tired from all of our over-playing we already did over the weekend, but it was fun to slowly ride along and get used to my mountain bike and riding trails and staying back on my saddle on the downhills.


It felt so great to be outside playing. It was in the 40's temperature wise, but after riding for a bit, I wasn't the least bit chilly.


After a little over an hour, I realized I was too tired to ride anymore. I was doing stupid stuff and almost crashing all over the place and figured that meant I was done.


We headed over to Big Grove for half priced beer and split some olives, spicy brussel sprouts and smoked trout salad. Yum.


We headed home and since had already eaten, we had plenty of time to watch a movie. We decided on "Singin' in the Rain". It was an excellent choice. Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds. How fun is that?

No comments: