Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Will You Still Need Me, Will You Still Feed Me?

Here is Coadster with her cousin this weekend.

And here is Stinky with that same cousin.

So, I was rocked hard by the stomach flu and then there was a crazy blizzard. I guess the universe was trying to tell me something, and just so the universe knows, I got it. I basically slept and was dizzy(er) and got rid of some bad juju for two days straight. I'm here to say, "Uncle". My belly isn't entirely back to normal, but it's close and I think I might even get a little crazy and try to go back to work tomorrow.

This will still be a short post. Don't worry, I hear the internet rejoicing going on. I just wanted to say how awesome my girls were throughout my sickness. Sure, Coadster quarantined me to my room because she certainly didn't want what I had, but I guess that's just her being smart.

The big problem was that we were out of food. So, once the girls were let out early from school, we had to figure out a plan for food foraging. I was super dizzy, but I thought I could at least drive to the store. I couldn't imagine walking around like death warmed over under fluorescent lights looking at food and not puking, however. My girls offered to come with and shop for me.

We had briefly talked about what to have for dinner. There was no way I'd be able to cook, but we might be able to get something delivered. I sat in the car while the girls shopped. They bought plenty of healthy food and even got something they could make for dinner. After we made it home, I went back to my quarantined room. Stinky and Coadster, put all the groceries away, made dinner, brought it to me in my room and then sat quietly and watched American Graffiti in the living room. That's not even mentioning the fact that Coadster folded and put away all the laundry while Stinky shoveled snow and washed dishes on her snow day today.

I may not be the smartest or most talented person who will ever live, and I'll never be a supermodel by any means, but I really think I hit the jackpot when it comes to my daughters.

10 comments:

Claire said...

It's moments like those that make one grateful for producing such special daughters. Mine can be exceptionally accommodating when I'm sick. Mind you I have to be practically near death before it happens however. I'm glad you're feeling better enough to write on your blog.

Anonymous said...

American Graffiti...I love the name of that movie!! Lucas' 4th best flick.

Nothing like being belly sick and having to buy food....yum.

You got two fine daughters, they really love their mama. You did well. It must be gratifying to get reenforcement such as that.

Anonymous said...

I always love these posts about your daughters; when they become bloggers I'm sure they'll write some pretty amazing things about you too :)

Tara said...

Wow, those are some very sweet kids you have there! I'm glad you didn't have to go into the store. I went shopping one day when I was sick, and the scents that usually smell good to me or don't bother me really hit my senses the wrong way.

I hope you feel 100% better soon!

DJSassafrass said...

Of course they are good kids--they've got a great mom. If I ever have any, they are coming to see your kids to learn how to treat the person who went through hours of labor to bring them into the world.

fringes said...

I agree with djsass...good kids come from good moms. Feel better!

laura b. said...

I love reading about the good stuff you and your kids to for each other. Because you know, it is never a one way street.

Feel better soon.

booda baby said...

Oh you poor poor thing!! Your girls did good, it's true, but I think you're underestimating how much you make want to people help you get all better and back to being Churlita.

I'm sending you get well thingies.

AlienCG said...

You have been graced with good daughters. I hope you get better soon, I've had the same sickness, it sucks.

Churlita said...

Michelle,

I think teenagers can always rise to a situation, they just might roll their eyes a few times on the way.

Evil-E,

yeah. I think I'll keep 'em.

Emma,

Or else they'll charge me for a lot of therapy.

Tara,

Exactly. it's all those smells and stuff.

DJ,

Thanks. Your and C.'s kids would be so much fun you wouldn't even care if they were good.

Fringes,

Thanks. I feel better now.

lauraB.,

Thanks, but you have that many more kids to turn into wonderful people.

Booda Baby,

Thanks so much for the thingies.

AlienCG,

I know. Nobody likes the bad belly flu.