Friday, March 13, 2020

It's The End of the World As We Know It (Time I Had Some Time Alone)


Archie would be thrilled if we had to stay home from work.

Sorry I haven't written all week, but I have a good excuse. I had a bad head cold all week. It was just a head cold. I promise. I took my temperature several times. Only once was it a little over 100 degrees, and I didn't go to work that day. I went the next day, and then stayed home yesterday. I'm back today, even though my boss was a little annoyed with me.

I looked up the Corona Virus symptoms, and I don't really have any of them. I have a slight cough and I only had a very slight temperature for a day. The worst part of my cold was that I had such a bad sore throat, which isn't on the list.

Another guy in my workplace just came back from Washington State and has been hacking away. Now there's a rumor that he had dinner with someone who tested positive for Covid 19, but I don't know if that is just someone building on his visit to Washington state, and it isn't true. I assume if he was in contact with someone who was infected, our boss would make him work from home. Classes at our university are moving on-line until two weeks after Spring Break, but we've already heard students talking about taking trips after that, since their classes are on-line anyway, and the flights are going to be so cheap, so we'll see what happens.


It's such a weird little world we live in lately. We haven't been asked to stay home from work yet, but there's been 16 confirmed cases in Iowa (14 in my county) and when everyone comes back from Spring Break, those numbers will probably go up.We've seen how the spread of this virus has been slowed when governments' responses to the virus are strong and tactical. https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda. I wish our government was better about responding to it.

I hope you all are safe from the virus and that you get paid sick leave and have decent insurance through all of this.  

No comments: