Thursday, November 03, 2016

What a Life I Lead When the Sun Breaks Free, As a Giant Torn From the Clouds


On Sunday morning, I woke up with a migraine and John woke up with bad back pain. We both decided to bag the race, but we did make a big point to go to Coadster's apartment and see her and Bailey before we left for home.

Bailey was super excited to see us and kept running toward John and then remembered I was there and ran toward me and then ran back to John. I gave her a big hug and we headed back to Iowa City.


I took my migraine meds before we left Des Moines, but even after we got home, I still had to sleep it off. It was a beautiful day outside, so I felt a little guilty napping away most of the afternoonWhat , but there wasn't much I could do about that.


I woke up around 3:30'ish and was feeling better. Because of the meds and the 2 day migraine, I knew I wouldn't be super strong, but I was able to go for a nice, slow, 6 mile run and it made me very happy.


The clouds, the trees, the perfect 61 degree weather, I couldn't have asked for better conditions.


Of course, I finally had to come home and when I did, I found Archie posing for his senior pictures. They grow up so fast, don't they?


No comments: