Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Moon in the Window and a bird on the Pole, We Can Always Find a Millionaire to Shovel All the Coal.


Since it's November 15th, it might be more than time to write my monthly stats for October.You know...Before it turns into December.

October was a good and bad month. I got some things done, which was good, but I had trouble with migraines and hormones, which was very, very, bad.


Cycling Miles: 275. The weather was so great in October, if I hadn't had that bad cold, I bet I would have had more than that.

Running Miles: 62. I'm trying to build on that in November.

Races: 1, but whoopee! I at least did one race - Spooky CX.



Paintings Completed or Started: 1, but that's pretty good for me. A friend asked me to paint her some shadow bikes using certain colors and the above is what I came up with. I hope to work on more in the next couple of months. I have a flower series of 3 that I am working on now.

Books Read: 8. 1) "The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" by Robert Louis Stevenson, 2) "Mrs. Poe" by Lynn Cullen, 3) "The Good Nurse: A True Story of Medicine, Madness and Murder: by Charles Graeber, 4) "Geek Love" by Katherine Dunn, 5) "Slade House" by David Mitchell, 6) "The Year of the Flood (MadAdam 2) by Margaret Atwood, 7) "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs, 8) "Dept of Speculation" by Jenny Offill.

Blog Posts Written: 13. That's way better than I've done since June.

Real Writing Done: I wrote a couple of more writerly blog posts instead of my usual prattle.

House Projects: Mostly I dealt with outdoor work. I planted my Fall stuff in the garden and John replaced the screens with storm windows. Hopefully,

Anyway, I was pretty happy with my productivity level and balance this month. We'll see how I finish up this month...

No comments: